Wednesday 28 November 2012

A new focus for me & this blog

I have realised, what I love most is drawing on location. I am an obsessive observer and recorder, especially of things that would usually be considered too mundane. This type of drawing even has a term (which I have only recently discovered) "reportage".
 
I love drawing bits of my day, the everyday: the events, the glimpses, the eavesdropped conversations, the people on buses, the neighbourhood, the trees and the street corners.



So that is what I am going to focus on for the next month. Less words. More drawing. More celebration of the everyday. Some days a five minute drawing and some days a much longer study. Would like to say that is what I am going to do for the next year, but feel too tentative to commit to that right now.

Lets see how December goes!


No comments:

Post a Comment