Tuesday 2 November 2010

Looking up


As the short days have arrived here with the change in hour, I am making a point of looking up. Particularly when I am usually on autopilot. It makes me feel more energised and I notice and appreciate all sorts of everyday details I have missed for months, things like the tiles on a building and the fallen autumn leaves.

The first drawing is a street corner on my walk to work. I never noticed just how many chimney pots there were before. Dozens! And they are mainly the original, tall Victorian ones.



The next drawing is a small terraced street which has the most spectacular telegraph pole, with loads of telephone wires spiralling out to all the houses, slicing the sky into segments. Fantastic!

And I have passed both of these places for months without really seeing them properly before. A good case for looking up a more, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment